Subject: RE: [xliff] tomorrow is Dec 15 ...

Title: Message
Hi Mary,

Thank you very much for this reminder.  In my mind there are no more steps for the TC or officers to take to make this ballot commence on time.  Or am I foolishly overlooking something (it wouldn't be the first time)?

I think you were going to update the titles on the representation guides, and put them in the appropriate URLs.

Everything else is in place, I think.  We've been tracking all of the requirements on our wiki
(http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/RemainingApprovalSteps).

Specs
http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/xliff-core.html (good)
http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/xliff-core.pdf (good)

Representation Guides

Is there something in my court that I need to do to meet our goal?

(here's a snip of our wiki tracking page (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/RemainingApprovalSteps).)

(a) Committee Specifications and appropriate supplemental documentation

Note from Rodolfo: The representation guides are not in the server at the right places. Zipped versions are http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/v1.2/

Note from Rodolfo: The representation guides that we have still say "Public Review Draft 02" because we don't have a better name for approved related documents yet.

Note from Bryan: I did not include our FAQ, Whitepaper, or articles. I think we can use these as leverage to help persuade members to vote, down the line, but I do not consider them part of the core.

(b) Editable version of all files that are a part of the specification

  • See the links above to the HTML version of the Specification and Representation Guides

(c) Certification of XML validity (schemas, and samples)

  • TC certifies XML validity

(d) A clear English-language summary of the specification

The XLIFF 1.2 Specification defines the XML Localization Interchange File Format (XLIFF). The purpose of this vocabulary is to store localizable data and carry it from one step of the localization process to the other, while allowing interoperability between tools.

The specification is tool-neutral, supports the entire localization process, and supports common software, document data formats, and mark-up languages. The specification provides an extensibility mechanism to allow the development of tools compatible with an implementer's data formats and workflow requirements. The extensibility mechanism provides controlled inclusion of information not defined in the specification.

(e) Statement of the relationship of this specification to similar work of other OASIS TCs or other standards developing organizations

(f) Statements of Use

(g) Public Review announcements and dates

(h) An account of and results of the voting to approve the specification as a Committee Specification

  • Opening: Monday, 16 July 2007 - Closing: Monday, 23 July 2007
  • Yes: 10, No: 0, Abstain: 0

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/ballot.php?id=1338

(i) An account of or pointer to votes and comments received in any earlier

  • N/A (no comments on earlier votes)

(j) A pointer to the publicly visible comments archive

(k) A pointer to any minority reports delivered by one or more Members

  • Chairs certify that no minority report exists