Subject: Re: [xliff-tools] Mime-type for XLIFF

Hi Friedel,

On Wednesday 13 February 2008 10:08:50 pm F Wolff wrote:
> I would like to confirm the correct MIME type to use when serving XLIFF
> files over the web. I have seen some references to application/xliff+xml
> but couldn't quickly find something that looks authoritative. Can
> anybody shed some light on this?

I'm not sure there exists an authoritative source for this yet. I can't find
any discussion on this in the XLIFF TC-list archives regarding definition or
registration of a mime-type for XLIFF, and it's certainly not in the XLIFF
specification. This is perhaps something we should consider going forward?
(cc'ing the XLIFF TC).

Unless (and until) the mime type is registered with IANA [1], it should
probably be written as "application/x-xliff+xml".

[1] http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/

Friedel, thanks for bringing this up!

cheers,
asgeir