Subject: RE: [chairs] TAB pre-reviews

Hi Mary,

The timing is good.  I think we will have our Committee Draft of XLIFF 1.2.1 passed soon (hopefully by the end of the year - need Rodolfo to verify this).  We will be very interested in having a TAB review before launching our Public Review.  For that matter, we expect to do a quick turn on XLIFF 1.2.1, then get right into the XLIFF 2.0 process.  So we might request a TAB review of XLIFF 2.0 in the early to middle part of next year.

From: Mary McRae [marypmcrae@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Mary McRae [mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 9:44 AM
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: carol.geyer@oasis-open.org; 'OASIS TAB'
Subject: [chairs] TAB pre-reviews

As part of the Technical Advisory Board’s outreach to Technical Committees, members are willing to review committee drafts prior to any formal Public Review with regard to quality, consistency, and completeness. They are most likely not subject matter experts in your particular area and therefore will not comment on technical merit, but have significant expertise in standards development and specification writing and can provide an extra set of eyes during a committee’s internal review cycle. If you would like to have a TAB member review your specification, please let me know and I’ll have a TAB member contact you directly for details.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Technical Committee Administration
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org<mailto:mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>
web: www.oasis-open.org<http://www.oasis-open.org/>
phone: 1.603.232.9090