Subject: RE: [xliff] Wiki Document related to "Generic Inline Markup"

Hi Christian and Asgeir,

This approach is very nice for understanding the scope of this discussion. I'd like to raise two thoughts about this page.
(1) I think it would be great to let members add comments - to document the discussion. But I recognize the need to not let the pages become unmanageable (i.e., littered with unmanaged notes).
(2) I would like to add my opinion that the <itag> only be useful in XLIFF if it were prescribed (not just allowed) to contain content, like typical inline elements. In other words, I'm echoing my complaint that the "XML-ness" of <itag>, in the TMX examples, seems to have been taken away. I would not like that for XLIFF.

So regarding (1),  I am tempted to add remarks myself.  But I realize we would really need to come up with some ground rules in order to make the wiki pages not grow to be unmanageable with comments.  I think we could have meaningful collaborative work done.  But maybe somebody would be entrusted to be the wiki gardener, with final authority to keep the pages managed (perhaps someone like Asgeir?).

So if we think it's okay to go ahead and add comments (along with name and date). I would go ahead and do that (and the rest of this note could be ignored). But I'll go ahead and mention the notes I want to add, while they are still fresh in my mind.

From: Asgeir Frimannsson [asgeirf@redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:07 PM
To: Christian Lieske
Cc: yves@opentag.com; Schnabel, Bryan S; xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

----- "Christian Lieske" <christian.lieske@sap.com> wrote:
> Since the e-mail exchange related to the “ Generic Inline Markup ” (
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200903/msg00006.html )
>
> - started to get very cluttered from my point-of-view
>
> - from my understanding was meant to be continued by means of a Wiki
> page
>
> I have take n the time to create this Wiki page at
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/Requirements

I moved this page to a URL with a more recognizable name:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/OneContentModel/Requirements

The old URL redirects to the new page.

Finally, a tip: For those of you using RSS readers, you can subscribe to the latest changes on the wiki through the rss feed linked from http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/RecentChanges

cheers,