Subject: TMX 2.0 does not have an inline element to store content? (RE:[xliff] Wiki Document related to "Generic Inline Markup")

Hi Rodolfo,

Thanks for the reply. This is good and constructive.

So I think your answer to my question about the two examples (below), is "(A) is good and (B) is against the TMX requirements.":

Now it is not:

Now it is:

Hmmm. I guess that helps me to form my position on the matter.

As for your question to me, how would I markup your Word HTML sample in XLIFF?, I see no difficulty.  I would just not worry about the unbalanced way Word marks up the bold element.  It is well-formed.  So I would just capture the empty element the same way I would any other element (why should I bother with its intent? It will survive the round trip completely intact):

<trans-unit resname="p" w:rsidR="00C93CE8" w:rsidRDefault="00F331AC">
 <source>
   <g ctype="r">
      <g ctype="t" xml:space="preserve">Hello </g>
   </g>
   <g ctype="r" w:rsidRPr="00F331AC">
      <g ctype="rPr">
         <x ctype="b"/>
      </g>
      <g ctype="t">bold </g>
   </g>
   <g ctype="r">
      <g ctype="t" xml:space="preserve"> world.</g>
   </g>
 </source>
</trans-unit>

(ignoring complexity added with namespaces for the moment, and leaving off required attributes for simplicity)