Subject: RE: [xliff] Tool for validating XLIFF files released

> However, the specs don't say if prefixes are allowed in
> non-embedded XLIFF files.

Surely if something is valid XML and not disallowed explicitly by the specification, it means it is allowed.

For example, nothing in the specification says XML comments are allowed, that does not means an XLIFF document with comments is
invalid.

> The TC should decide if "standalone" XLIFF files with prefixes
> in XLIFF elements are valid.

It already has decided for the current versions: Nothing forbids it in the specification.

While, I would be surprised to see many documents using that form, it is a perfectly valid way of using namespace (XSLT does it all
the time), why in the world would we want to forbid it?