Subject: RE: [xliff] Update to ITS2XLIFF

Hi Yves,

Thanks for sharing this information. I gave it a spin with a non-decorated file and it worked perfectly. I'll try testing the ITS aspects as well. Exciting!

I notice a note that mentions an XSLT-based ITS processor behind the functionality. And I noticed that the strategy is to use a minimalist approach, putting the skeleton file in an internal-file element, escaped in a CDATA section. Using XSLT, presumably d-o-e needed to be in play to wrap the source file in a CDATA section. But the mystery for me is how an XSLT-based processor could parse the CDATA section to make XML out of it, in order to facilitate the trip back from XLIFF to its original XML format. Perhaps it's been too long since I've tried to parse CDATA (or not long enough ;-).

Great job (as usual) Felix! Your contributions to the XLIFF community continue to be greatly appreciated.

From: Yves Savourel [mailto:ysavourel@translate.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:45 AM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xliff] Update to ITS2XLIFF

Hi all,

Some of you know already of the ITS2XLIFF tool provided by Felix here:
http://fabday.fh-potsdam.de/~sasaki/its/ (v0.6)

The project has now a new test version here:
http://fabday.fh-potsdam.de/~sasaki/its/temp.html (v0.7)

It supports now both The Translate and Element Within Text rules,
If any of you has time to test and provide feedback, I'm sure Felix will appreciate.