OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: XLIFF TC Telelconference Apr-6-2010 Minutes

XLIFF TC Teleconference minutes
Date:  Tuesday, 06 April 2010
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

=== 1/ Roll call

Dimitra, Lucia, Magnus, Bryan, David, Christian, Yves, Doug, Asgeir.

Regrets: Rodolfo.

=== 2/ Approve Tuesday, 16 March 2010 meeting minutes:
   Accept, reject, or amend.


Asgeir moved to accept the minutes
Magnus seconded.
No objections.

=== 3/ Updates on the 1st International XLIFF Symposium

Lucia: going fine.
Bryan: any responses?
Lucia: 2 papers submission.
Dimitra: Sponsorship maybe targeted email. So provide contact if possible. No sponsors so far.
Bryan: is it critical?
Dimitra: not sure. Probably fine even without sponsors.

=== 4/ XLIFF Inline text SC report (LISA/OSCAR proposal to re-establish a partnership in developing common text markup)
  1. Bryan and Yves requested OASIS Administrator, Mary to set up the SC
  2. Yves' SC report (this is a placeholder for the regular report to the TC)

Bryan: SC status: OASIS admin needs to setup things. Not very fast to do it: too busy. We're in the queue.
Maybe we can start activity without the structure setup.

Yves: will send email for day/time of SC meeting.
David: Milan need to get an invite.
Bryan: also need to get in touch with OSCAR
Yves: will do.
Bryan: not sure if non-XLIFF member can assist.
David: as long as they are in OASIS it should be ok. LISA is member.
Dimitra(?): what is the time frame?
Yves: need "check point" for sure ("flexible" deadline)
Bryan: there are step to close SC.

=== 5/ XLIFF 1.2 Errata Status Update
  1. Rodolfo's report
  2. Steps are listed in wiki (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/)
  3. OASIS provided an SVN repository

Bryan: SVN is in place.

=== 6/ Rodolfo raises questions regarding
  1. "Translatable stuff in XLIFF 1.2"(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201002/msg00012.html)
  2. segmentation  (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201002/msg00029.html)
      (note: this thread had many facets. The url above is the latest entry, 
       and also contains references to all the other email)
  3. problems with seg-source (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201002/msg00028.html)

Tabled for later when Rodolfo is here.

=== 7/ XLIFF 2.0
  2. Decide how to go forward with remaining (non-text) parts of XLIFF 2.0 
    2.1 Revisit Feature Tracking (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking)
    2.2 Revisit XLIFF 2.0 Dashboard (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0)

Bryan: plan was to move from scope to requirements.
Need to check if scope have modified requirements.
And decide how much of this transfer to the inline SC.
If SC works on inline, then the rest is for the main TC.
We had two methods for tracking progress.

So for non-content portion:
...Looking at feature tracking wiki...

Christian: this is really for inline markup only. There are other parts.
Bryan: yes. Everything else would be for main TC to work on.
Yves: what is left for scope of inline?
Bryan: 3 categories:
	a) inline work
	b) schema work unrelated to inline
	c) other things (non-schema, non-inline) We can set the wiki up to reflect those categories.
Action Item: Bryan (and Asgeir if volunteer) to update wiki to reflect this.
Asgeir: isn't the page ready to be handed over? So add one item in tracking page to point to inline, and work on the other parts?
Bryan: so single item for inline in 2.0 tracking?
Asgeir: yes
Bryan: yes, the sooner the better.
Christian: SC need to make sure non-inline parts (like reviewing capabilities) are handled by TC.
Dimitra: so a) by SC, b) and c) by TC.
Bryan: yes.
No dissent.

=== 8/  "XLIFF 2.0 will be complete when _______" 
  There are two camps for filling in the blank
  1. Set a calendar goal. All items that are complete and approved by the 
     TC make it into XLIFF 2.0 - All others need to wait for the "next train," 
     i.e., XLIFF 2.X or XLIFF 3. Special care needs to be taken to define 
     doneness and ensure no dependency issues between items. 
     And "XLIFF 2.0 is complete on set date of *Month/Day/Year*"
         - or -
  2. Define a finite set of XLIFF 2.0 items. Set a cutoff date for adding items. 
    The list of accepted items becomes our requirements document.
    And "XLIFF 2.0 is complete when items 1 through X are finished"
    (some in this camp see our current set of goals, as is, as that 
    finite list)

Bryan: this has been here for a while.
Option 1 was proposed by Rodolfo. Option 2 by someone else.
David: for option 2.
Dimitra: combination may be better. 
Asgeir: need to put down the list for the final scope.
Bryan: maybe working on the charter will help us to define the scope better?

9/ New Business

Bryan: any new business?

So: inline part handed over as-is starting today.
Will Delineate 3 categories.
Will look at charter status.
Conformance clauses will fall in b or c.
Then maybe we can set up some realistic calendar.

Next meeting is 3rd Tuesday of April.

End of meeting.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]