OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: XLIFF TC Telelconference - Summary

XLIFF TC Teleconference Minutes
Date: Tuesday, 18 May 2010

=== 1/ Roll call

Asgeir, David, Yves, Andrew, Bryan, Magnus, Lucia, Doug.

Rodolfo, Dimitra

Andrew will be voting member at the end of this meeting.

=== 2/ Approve Tuesday, 04 May 2010 meeting minutes:

- Asgeir moves to approve the minutes
- Magnus seconds
No objections.

=== 3.1 Updates on the 1st International XLIFF Symposium

Lucia: call for papers extended by 1 month. June-15. Review will be by July-15.
Good interest, quality papers.
Bryan: good to extend, more may send papers.

=== 3.2 XLIFF Presentation
Lucia posted this presentation from someone:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201005/msg00006.html. The presenter will come to Symposium.
Bryan: good to see interest on XLIFF.

=== 3.3. Summer calendar
Bryan: do we need to change frequency of the meetings?
I won't be able to attend all summer.
Lucia: no there last weeks of August.
David: let's maybe put our availability online on Doodles.
Lucia: Will do that tomorrow.
Bryan: do we need to reduce the TC meeting? Will we have drain on the bandwidth with the SCs?

ACTION ITEM: Lucia to set up Doodles page for availability.
Done: http://www.doodle.com/68fye3zmktwcuuzs

ACTION ITEM: All to fill the page.

=== 4/ XLIFF Inline text SC report
(LISA/OSCAR proposal to re-establish a partnership in developing common text markup)
Yves' SC report (this is a placeholder for the regular report to the TC)

SC in progress. Scopes are done.
Next step is the requirements.
SC minutes are here: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-inline/201005/msg00006.html

=== 5/ XLIFF 1.2 Errata Status Update
Rodolfo's report

Bryan: Off-line discussion with Rodolfo. He will hore time in July.
Lucia: Can possibly help, but if someone with more experience feel free to volunteer.
Bryan: You are qualified enough.

=== 6/ Rodolfo raises questions regarding
1. "Translatable stuff in XLIFF 1.2"(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201002/msg00012.html)
2. segmentation  (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201002/msg00029.html)
(note: this thread had many facets. The url above is the latest entry, 
and also contains references to all the other email)
3. problems with seg-source (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201002/msg00028.html)


=== 7/ XLIFF 2.0
1. Asgeir walk us through making a proposal on wiki page

Asgeir demo wiki usage.
Bryan: how much info do we want in the begin/end tags?
Yves: looks fine as it to me.
Bryan: The At-a-glance feature is useful to know where we are, and if any info is missing.
Asgeir: Will try to set up a wiki page to describe how to use it.
Lucia: recording would be perfect.

Bryan has to sign off.

Asgeir: Owner of the topic should drive its page.
Yves: agree.

ACTION ITEM: All to look at list of features and add/rework as needed.

=== 2. Review items approved in section 1 (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking)

Asgeir: Let's go through the items.
Item 1: different module/packages one being the core.
Yves: So modular XLIFF, one core, plus other. Good for compliance too.
Magnus: Yes, allows to grow XLIFF.
Lucia: So like in the presentation http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201005/msg00006.html
David: In presentation: Level-1 would not be really XLIFF. Level-2 would be what I would see as real Level-1. Level-3 would be anything above.
David: alt-trans should be in the core.
Yves: Not sure.
Magnus: Tiny core would be nice. Allow more implementations.
David: Who things alt-trans should not be in bare-bones? Yves, Asgeir to some level.
Magnus: alt-trans not vital, so don't see it as core.
Yves: compliance not necessarily a hierarchy. David: Yes.

Asgeir: Time is up.
On everyone's behalf: Many thanks to Magnus for his work in the TC.
We hope to see you back soon Magnus. 

Meeting adjourned.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]