Subject: Re: [xliff] Conformance clause proposal

----- "Rodolfo M. Raya" <rmraya@maxprograms.com> wrote:
> a) The custom XML schemas required to validate the document are
> publicly available.

I am sceptical to this. I don't see why we can't use LAX processing for many of these extensions. What is the use case for forcing implementers to publicly publish these schemas?

Off topic for 'conformance clause', but looking at the ODF specification [1] for inspiration, we should include something like the following to restrict the use of foreign schemas:

"Conforming extended producers should not use foreign elements and attributes for features defined in the OpenDocument specification."

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/part1/cd04/OpenDocument-v1.2-part1-cd04.html#a_21_Document_Processing

cheers,
asgeir