Subject: RE: [xliff] What is XLIFF for?

Hi Yves,

Swordfish uses XLIFF as native format. All project data is stored in the XLIFF file, even the skeleton if you want. If you modify the XLIFF file outside Swordfish, your changes are visible the next time you open the file.

Databases are used only to store TM data. When TM is applied to an XLIFF file, matches are stored in <alt-trans> elements and databases are not used again, except for storing the translations approved by the translator.

Rodolfo M. Raya   <rmraya@maxprograms.com>
Maxprograms      http://www.maxprograms.com