OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: XLIFF TC Teleconference - Summary

XLIFF TC Teleconference - Summary

=== 1/ Roll call

Attendees: David, Bryan, Yves, Andrew, Christian
Regrets: Peter, Rodolfo
Absents: Lucia, Arle

=== 2/ Approve Tuesday, 18 January 2011 meeting minutes:
Accept, reject, or amend.

Bryan moves to accept the meeting minutes
David seconds  
No objections

3/ Current XLIFF business
=== 3.1. Move our spec into Docbook  (Bryan) 

Done! It's in Docbook format.
Not yet run through conversion template
Hand off to Rodolfo soon
Free Docbook editor: recommendation to come later.

=== 3.2. ISO/OASIS XLIFF - XLIFF as an ISO standard (Peter)

Peter not present today.
No changes.

Christian: interoperability event. Maybe needs to be re-checked? Not sure we met the requirements.
Bryan: Peter checked with Mary
ACTION ITEM: Bryan to re-check

=== 3.3. MIME-type for XLIFF (Christian) 

No change nor feedback so far

=== 3.4. "XLIFF at recent "W3C Workshop: The Multilingual Web - Where are We?"  (Christian)

XLIFF included in the event.

=== 3.5. XLIFF Symposium Debrief: "Voice of our customer" (Christian)
- Consolidated takeaways wiki page (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/Consolidated%20Takesaways%20from%20First%20XLIFF%20Symposium)
- Christian's slides: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/download.php/39848/2010-10-08_1st%20XLIFF%20Symposium%20-%20XLIFF%20TC%20Summary-draft.pdf

Collection of the feedback: apparently no-one had time.
Christian started the text in the wiki.
David: More time now, so should be able to provide some feedback.
Bryan: maybe working on the first draft then.
David and Christian will collaborate on the text.

=== 3.6. 2nd Annual XLIFF Symposium in Poland progress (Peter)

Peter is not here today.

=== 3.7. Gathering common extension points from 
existing XLIFF Tools as a guide for 2.0 features (Bryan, Thomas)

Idea is to allow access to all (even if not TC members).
Some feedback: viability of the approach. Especially the features part.
Goal is to assess the deficiencies of 1.2 so we can improve it.
Yves, David: feature list should be fine. It's done for other formats.
Andrew: plan was to share schema with TCs.
Christian: not sure to do this on Wikipedia is the good way. OASIS wiki may be better. This is one more channel to look at.
David: not all have access to TC wiki. It's a snapshot from which we can extract info for 1.2
Openness of Wikipedia allows access to all.
Bryan: Tomas idea is to seek the commonalities in the extensions, so we can turn them into features for 2.0. Is it a good way to gather data?
Is it appropriate to use Wikipedia for this gathering of data?
Understand need for openness, but also concern for spreading out data, also the concern about making this look like a way to "blame" one tool or another.
Think any tool implementing xliff regardless the level do us a service.
Andrew, Christian: Q1 yes.
Christian: wonder why tool makers didn't brought up to TC the need for some of the extensions they did.
Need to understand this, otherwise it'll repeat.
David: 2 ballots:

a) "Should the TC gather extension points to find out ideas for new feature for 2.0?"
David moves, Yves seconds. 5 yes out of 5. Ballot passes

b) "Should the TC gather the extension points at Wikipedia?"
David moves, Bryan second. Yes=2 no=2 abstain=1 Ballot does not pass

c) "Should the TC gather the extension points at TC wiki?"
David moves, Andrew seconds. Yes=3, no=1, abstain=1 Ballot passes

ACTION ITEM: Andrew to document SDL extensions in TC wiki

Christian: suggest to include also additions taken from the XLIFF symposium
David: yes, but we should keep them separated.

ACTION ITEM: David to ask Lionbridge for contribution, Multitrans, Microsoft, Oracle
ACTION ITEM: Bryan to add the one used in XSLT
ACTION ITEM: Peter to document memoQ extension
ACTION ITEM: Yves to gather ONTRAM extension points (from Stefan), and Okapi
ACTION ITEM: Andrzej to gather extensions for XTM

Heatsome, Adobe: TBD

Micah matrix a good start for the features.
Bryan will remove the headings in Wikipedia

=== 4/ Sub Committee Reports
1. Inline text (Yves)

Next meeting next week. Will have summary of the options for the native data storage.

5/ XLIFF 2.0
=== 5.1. Simplified XLIFF element tree (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201008/msg00012.html)
and Christian's idea of Domains (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201009/msg00004.html)

Current dashboard a bit obsolete for what we are doing now.

David: We could work on the core module of 2.0 while gathering extension point.
(e.g. segmentation is something important to address in 2.0)

=== 5.3. Review items from XLIFF 2.0 Dashboard (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0)
(move any items to Feature Tacking Section?)
- As a TC, let's decide if we want to look at these during our meeting, 
or ask members to look at these offline
- Goal is to capture valid items, then delete this page

Many items of the dashboard are consolidated to Feature Tacking Section
Bryan: Would like to see un-official draft of 2.0 spec.

=== 7/ New Business

Christian: There is a webinar about OASIS+LISA soon.
Several of the TC will attend.


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]