Subject: RE: Next steps in gathering extensibility points, and featuressupported by toolmakers

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your continued assistance on this topic. We took a vote at our last TC meeting to see if the Wikipedia should be the place where we (the TC) collected information on extensions used by toolmakers, and we did not get a majority vote in favor (see item 3.7, http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201102/msg00001.html).

Instead the TC voted in favor of collecting the data and documenting it on the XLIFF wiki. So toolmakers who do not have write access to the wiki, who would be so helpful as to share what they've found necessary to use extension points to achieve (presumably because the spec is deficient), are requested to share this information with me, or any of the TC members. We will then post the results.

Having said that, of course the toolmakers are welcome to add the information under the section you noted in the Wikipedia article. That avenue is not under the TC's control.

Thanks once again for your help on this, and for voicing the idea in the first place.

- Bryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Vackier [mailto:Thomas@yamagata-europe.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 6:39 AM
To: Schnabel, Bryan S; xliff-users@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: micahbly@gmail.com

Hi,

I'm hoping that the toolmakers that use extensions are on this mailing list.

I can check with a few of my contacts at Kilgray, Sizulizer, ... if they want to add information themselves and also ask them to subscribe to this list, if they haven't already.

Should they add that under "Extensions Used By XLIFF Toolmakers"?

Regards,

Thomas