Subject: Re: [xliff] Tools matrix

Seeing your interest, I'll investigate.  There is a cost associated with Focus Areas and Member Section tools.  I'll look into the details.

Scott...

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 2:35 PM, <bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com> wrote:

Thanks Arle for the excellent leg work. And thanks Scott for the pointer.

This looks like something we could really use. Scott, what would it take for the XLIFF TC to set up something similar for XLIFF tool makers?

- Bryan

From: Arle Lommel [mailto:arle.lommel.lisa@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Arle Lommel
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 9:22 AM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org; Scott McGrath
Subject: [xliff] Tools matrix

Hi all,

Apropos to the discussion about assessing features in XLIFF tools, what if we were to use something like what OASIS makes available at these URLs to solicit tool vendor information?

http://www.oasis-emergency.org/products
http://dita.xml.org/products

The second one provides an easy way for DITA tools devs to supply their information. This would eliminate the need to maintain a matrix like Micah supplied in a specific document and it would let tools vendors maintain their own information. It would also ensure that anyone who accesses the information has the latest version, something we can't assure when a document is circulated and people may find older copies on the mailing lists. (I don't know if this sort of web site could be seeded with what was already collected or not, but we could reach out to vendors to have them fill in the information there.)

(Thanks to Scott McGrath for making me aware of these pages.)

Best,

Arle

--
Scott McGrath
Senior Director of Member Services and COO

NEW:
Tel +1 781-425-5073 x202
Fax +1 781-425-5072

New to OASIS?