Subject: RE: [xliff] Translation status values for 2.0

Hi Rodolfo,

- Bryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodolfo M. Raya [mailto:rmraya@maxprograms.com]
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2011 8:51 AM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Yves,

I would move the "state" attribute from <target> to <segment> element and review the list of possible values and perhaps change its name.

We still need to know if a segment is approved or not, regardless of its current status (a segment may be approved by a translator but require further proofreading in a later stage).  We still need two separate attributes unless we define a value set that allows us to differentiate when the translation can be included in the final document.

I can modify the schema and add the "state" attribute to <segment>, using a tentative list of values that will have to be reviewed later. Should I post an updated schema?

Rodolfo M. Raya   <rmraya@maxprograms.com>
Maxprograms      http://www.maxprograms.com