Subject: RE: [xliff] Ballot is open to voting members

Hi Robin,

Thanks for taking the time to clearly explain this situation. It seems all is in order and accounted for. I just have one small remaining curiosity. You mention in your note that eligible voters *are* notified, and that other TC members are not:

> Kavi (as configured) does not notify the TC
> when a TC ballot has been opened.  ONLY the eligible
> voting members are notified -- or rather, the persons
> identified as "eligible" in the ballot.

My motivation for sending a separate note to the list to announce the ballot was that I did not see any evidence that even the eligible members were notified. It seemed to me that after I initiated the ballot - nobody (including the eligible members) received notification.

So here's a question to the voting TC members: did any/all of you get a notification that the ballot had begun (besides my side note)?

If the answer is no, that means kavi may have a more serious bug than you described, Robin. If the answer is yes, perhaps that means that only the ballot initiator does not get a notification (which is a bit clunky, but not the end of the world).