[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: RE: XLIFF/TAUS next steps
Thanks for the good news and the update. I'm grateful that we're able to move this forward.
I am a little unclear about the bullets under item 2. Are these requests to the XLIFF TC, or are they examples of queries TAUS will be making to the community? If it is the former, I cannot say that we will know the answers to the core vs. extended modules ahead of the September timeframe you mentioned. And the second bullet under 2. might not be difficult to nail down.
Please let me know what I can do to keep the momentum going.
Thanks for taking part in the recent call. It was a good starting point for feeling out a way to work together.
You'll be pleased to learn that participants at the recent TAUS Executive Forum in Barcelona (the senior guys at many of the big buyers) gave their support to the actions we agreed during the call. Namely:
1. A high level survey, which has been drafted by Peter Reynolds and be found here - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XLIFFsurvey-June-July-2011
· Please review and provide comments
· FYI - I am checking with GALA whether they want to circulate the survey
2. Consultation with the TAUS community and other experts on what should be included in XLIFF 2.0 core. With this in mind:
· Please let me know what the TC agrees should definitely be in the core, what features are still open to consideration, and what elements the TC feels should not be in the core
· Please also provide a list of people/companies that you see as key contributors to the consultation
We will try to plan in 1:1 calls with the individuals concerned. We will need to come up with a digestable way to present the choices.
We'd like to complete (1) in the next two weeks and (2) by mid-September, ahead of the XLIFF Symposium.
Jaap will contact Scott separately about TAUS membership of OASIS.
All the best,