OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [xliff] Groups - XLIFF TC Meeting added

XLIFF TC Meeting - Summary
Date:  Tuesday, 05 July 2011

=== 1/ Roll call

Present: Bryan, Yves, Arle, Peter, LucĂ­a, Tom, David-F, David-W, Christian, Shirley, Andrew, Rodolfo, Steven.
Regrets: Helena

New member: Shirley from MultiCorpora

=== 2/ Approve Tuesday, 21 June 2011 meeting minutes:
Accept, reject, or amend.

Bryan moves to accept those as the minutes of record
Rodolfo seconds
No objections.

=== 3/ Sub Committee Reports
- Inline text (Yves)
No new meeting since the last report.
Some email discussions about possible external storage of "native data" of inline codes outside the segment.
See thread starting at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-inline/201107/msg00001.html
Rodolfo: using the skeleton?
Yves: part of the idea is to have those at the unit level.
Rodolfo: Maybe something for the "reference" we discussed lately in TC.

=== 4/ Current XLIFF business 

=== 4.1. Alternate meeting focused on Current Business?
a. David F., proposal to form promotion and liaison SC
b. Dedicate a 4th Tuesday for Current Business (non-mandatory)

Bryan: like option a)
David-F: explains his proposal of using a SC for the "current business"
Rodolfo: OASIS not clear how committees like this should work.
Bryan: this is different from DITA-adoption committee, SC would be better fit.
Would have public record, transparency, etc.
No mandatory of TC members attendance for example.
Rodolfo: sound fine, would need a charter for the SC.
Bryan: yes, and the TC needs to do that initial work.
David-F: should be easy to set up.
Can work on the proposal
Rodolfo: what about deliverables?
David-F: reports
Christian: may be 2 actions:
a) clarify OASIS requirement and charter proposal
b) then ballot on the proposal
Bryan: let's get a feel of the possible participation
Or should we think about it first?
Peter, Arle: idea seems good, we could move soon
Bryan: ok, non-binding vote on the idea
"Do you agree on this SC?" all yes
"Will you participate?" 6 yes 7 no

ACTION ITEM: David-F to prepare a short charter.

David-F: Possible schedule issue with ULI. So SC meetings may be another day than Tuesdays.
Bryan: will need a host. David-F: could do that.

Option b) meeting after Inline SC.
Will work out those details in the upcoming SC

=== 4.2. XLIFF and other standards: activity/impact
--- a. LISA/OSCAR status

Arle: last LISA specifications will be on ttt.org (sourceforge had some technical drawbacks)
ttt.org is a private server (owned by Alan Melby/his non-profit)
Mirrors would be fine.

--- b. Helena's announcement about Unicode Localization Interoperability Technical Committee
- - Note, Call for Participation: Unicode Localization Interoperability Kick-off

David-F: not much to report. Kick-off is done. Jul-24 is first meeting.
Will attend as XLIFF TC liaison.
Arle: ULI looks are XLIFF as one of their core liaison. Plan on XLIFF profiles.

--- c. LocWorld Panel debrief (David/Helena)

David-F: panel was overview of the standards scene
Panelist: Jaap (TAUS), Hans (GALA), Patrick (ETSI), David-F (XLIFF/LRC)
Personal impressions: Jaap and Hans wanted to show an impression of unity, and promote a platform
for representing their constituencies.
Patrick officially announced LIS at ETSI
I presented comparison of the different possible host for the LISA standards (fees, licenses, etc.)
Yves found comparison useful

Rodolfo: in your personal opinion, which place is the best?
David-F: Openness and transparency is paramount: W3C, OASIS and Unicode are very transparent.
Also RF mode is important.

Arle: FRAND at ETSI. Individual ISGs can change that for their own work.
Will know more later.
Actual license is the one that matters.
Peter: maybe comparison could be shared?
David-F: sure.

--- d. ETSI membership (Peter/Arle) 

Arle: kick-off Aug-18th
One of the core items is to set up liaison with XLIFF TC.
Peter: question. What about founding from ISO?
Arle: Was a misunderstanding. Sue-Ellen issued a correction.
David-F: will forward the correction to the TC list.

--- f. ISO/OASIS XLIFF - XLIFF as an ISO standard (Peter)
Meeting debrief from Peter (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201106/msg00022.html)
- - Note 1, Liaison report for TC 37 (Peter) 

Peter: TC-37 happy about the liaison with XLIFF TC.
Liaisons are important to avoid duplicated work. (TimeML vs CLDR)
For example when 2.0 is ready for review ISO will be useful for peer review
At same time 2.0 would be on track to become ISO standard.
Bryan: like this idea.
Arle: not sure if TimeML was the example.
Steven: will make sure CLDR knows

=== 4.3. 2nd Annual XLIFF Symposium in Poland progress (Peter)

Peter: Program committee met last week.
Program is about ready.
e.g. Microsoft talking about what they are doing with XLIFF
Will send the full program soon.
Still some work to do.


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]