Subject: RE: [xliff] Element simpleNote

> a. Why can't we use existing standards such as W3C ITS in XLIFF?
> If I remember correctly, we have "Reuse" as one of our XLIFF
> 2.0 Mantras.

Two possible drawbacks:

1) An attribute value cannot have a rich content (formatting, multi paragraphs, etc.) But maybe that is not an issue with a *simple* note.

On ITS overall:

I would think twice before using any XPath-based options. The main issue with this is that it pretty much forces the use of a DOM-based parser for XLIFF, which could be a problem with large documents.