OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Jul-19-2011 Meeting Summary

XLIFF TC Call - Summay
Date:  Tuesday, 19 July 2011
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

=== 1/ Roll call

Presents: Rodolfo, Yves, Shirley, Bryan, David-F, Arle, David-W, Tom, Christian, Steven, Helena.

Shirley will be voting member at the end of this call.

=== 2/ Approve Tuesday, 05 July 2011 meeting minutes:
Accept, reject, or amend.

Bryan moves to accept the minutes.
Arle seconds
No objections

=== 3/ Sub Committee Reports

--- 3.1 Inline text (Yves)

Vacation prevent the meeting.
Some work done: A summary of the requirements with current draft solution for each:

--- 3.2 XLIFF Promotion and Liaison SC Charter

David's SC proposal (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201107/msg00008.html)
OASIS guidelines for SCs (http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#subcommittees)

Discussion of the draft charter proposed by David-F.

Formal ballot:
Bryan moves to accept the draft from David (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201107/msg00008.html ) with the "liaison activity" changed to "relationships".
Rodolfo seconds.
Ballot passes 9 yes, 1 abstention

Next step is to request the formation of the SC.
Rodolfo will take care of this. Once the minutes are posted.
Time/day of the SC to be decided when the best meeting time is. David-F will work on that.
We will try to approve the minutes ASAP.

=== 4/ Charter Draft (David F.)
a. ACTION ITEM: All to read David's plan and comment as needed.
b. Balance the Charter Draft with wiki tracker?
c. Rename this to Working Charter?

Bryan: re-chartering would have a lot of impact
We could use David's work as a "working charter"

David: wiki is nice working tool, don't see a conflict with the "working charter"
Will need to mention it as tracking tool
Tend to think re-chartering is not need, but clarified.
Maybe we'll know at the end of the Symposium

Bryan: so should we rename it?
David: It’s a "Program Charter", not the official TC charter.
Bryan: will discuss by email, and revisit this issue.
David: question: would like assurance the definitions in this draft are fine, so I can continue to work on it.
Bryan: straw poll: "should David continue to work on the Program Charter".
2 yes, 9 abstains (Shirley voted (because non-binding))
Bryan: we need to get more familiar with the definitions.
ACTION Item: All to look at definitions

=== 5/ XLIFF 2.0 (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking)

  2. Review items approved in section 1 (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking)
    (we now have 4 approved new features and 21 proposed features to be evaluated)
Note: Items 3 thru 6 are now moved into the Feature Tracking wiki - 
      Let us see if we can deal with them there, and take them off of the agenda

Bryan walk-through the tracking page and how to add/edit items.
Would like to agree on a way to do this, so we have an organized way of going through 2.0
ACTION ITEM: All to get familiar with the wiki system

Rodolfo, Arle: looks fine.

=== 7/ New Business

Rodolfo: need to go back to technical talks!
Yves: +1
Bryan: will do, wiki should help.


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]