Subject: RE: XLIFF Symposium - Urgent Help Required

Title: RE: XLIFF Symposium - Urgent Help Required
Hi Bryan, All,

Thank you for your responses. I do appreciate the difficulties in getting to conferences, particuarly when it involves long distance travel and I also appreciate the efforts which people have made to encourage others to attend. I am particularly with the support for this event that is being shown by SDL who have already booked a number of people.

So far we have David, Lucia, Dmitia, Shirly and  myself coming with Christian a possibility. Is there anyone else who intend attending? David is chair of the Promotion and Liaison SC so he is an officer. We also have a problem with The Linport Symposium being organised the day before the XLIFF Symposium. This is being organised in Luxembourg which almost ensures that attendees of this meeting will not be able to Warsaw in time for the XLIFF Symposium. This event is hosted by the Directorate-General for Translation of the European Commission and many companies would go to the opening of an envolope if they hosted it (Actually many companies do go their opening of envolopes).

What I would like is as much support as possible from the TC in trying to get people to the event. OASIS is helping. They will be the patrons of the XLIFF Symposium and have the event on their website and will include it an email they send out soon.

Many thanks,

Peter.

From: Schnabel, Bryan S [mailto:bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com]
Sent: Thu 2011-08-11 15:36
To: Peter Reynolds; xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Peter,

I wish I could say I have some great new idea for promoting this. I've posted the announcement to all the lists, and organizations I know of, including semi-aligned outlets (like OAXAL, DITA, and SVG).

I feel bad that as an officer I cannot attend, but I just could not make it happen under these circumstances. If you think my attendance would make a difference, I would consider trying to make it happen on my own.

- Bryan