Subject: Re: [Interoperability Now] XLIFF:doc Version 0.85

Dear Micah, I am not sure if it was Jörg's point (I hope so anyway:-))
There might be different solutions for XLIFF in general and for IN! in particular. XLIFF in general, IMHO must include canonical ways for referencing TBX, OLIF and maybe UTX. IN! as a profiling activity is of course fine with choosing a subset.
In general, wheels should not be reinvented. I am in favor of inclusion of the most lightweight TBX version..
If UTX is your choice, I see csv or tab delimited as an issue, but still you have an active community of terminologists supporting it and if you succeed in persuading them to support an XML version you might have what you need. I lightwight supported open standard format that is easy to reference. I think that the choice of categories is the most important thing about terminology standards, and while changing UTX from tab delimited csv to an XML is a radical change of forma,t I do not see it as a substantial change in spirit.. XML UTX might be in the end better viable than the heavy, yet not sufficiently expressive TBX that is being developed in disconnect with Industry..

Rgds

mobile: +353-86-049-34-68