Subject: RE: [xliff] RE: [xliff-inline] Req 1.15 Representation of invalid XML characters

Hi Yves,

Here are a couple of changes in the XML Schema that may help:

1) Create a restriction for the data type

  <xs:simpleType name="hexValue">
    <xs:restriction base="xs:hexBinary">
      <xs:pattern value="[0000-0010FFFF]"/>
    </xs:restriction>
  </xs:simpleType>

2) Define the element using the restriction

  <xs:element name="cp">
    <!-- Code Point -->
    <xs:complexType mixed="false">
      <xs:attribute name="hex" use="required" type="xlf:hexValue"/>
    </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>

The above definition allows all values from 0000 to 0010FFFF, which includes character ranges that are valid in XML. IMHO, valid XML characters should not be allowed.

Rodolfo M. Raya   <rmraya@maxprograms.com>
Maxprograms      http://www.maxprograms.com