Subject: The Segmentation feature

Hi everyone,

Helena and I have worked on the segmentation feature those past days. We think we've reached a point where it's a good base for discussing it further with everyone.

The page is here:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/Feature/Segmentation

A few notes:

- This is mostly a formalization of the ideas the TC discussed earlier this spring and summer. It fits what we have in the draft schema with a few possible additional items.

- We've tried to have some processing expectations (there are noted with 'PE' for now).

- The terms MUST, MUST NOT, SHOULD, SHOULD NOT, and MAY when used in upper case, are used according their definitions in the RFC 2119.

- The part about the target ordering option probably needs more explanations and examples. We'll try to work on that.

The idea is to update the page as we build up a consensus, so it'll be a good base text to integrate in Rodolfo's draft specification when we reach that point.

Please, speak up if you have any comments, use cases we didn't think about, etc.