Subject: RE: [xliff] Event "XLIFF TC Call" - Summary

Hi Rodolfo,

> Swordfish analyzes the text to translate and renders
> it using the BiDi algorithm from Unicode. The program
> doesn't need a hint from the XLIFF markup to render
> mixed text.

So Swordfish uses Unicode bidi characters control for hints (like Trados and Lionbridge's editors). Sounds fine to me.

One follow up questions then (and not just for Rodolfo):

When extracting a text like this:

Where the "W3C, " part should be on the left side of the quoted text when editing/rendering properly. As shown in the screenshot attached.

How does Swordfish (or other tools) stores the original HTML codes and markup the text?
Do they store the <span> as like any other elements and just add U+202B and U+202C to the text? Something like this: