Subject: RE: [xliff] [xliff-inline] Representing information for the starting/ending/standalone parts

Hi,

It can of course be tagged using <x> tags but we then lose all information on the pairing of the native codes like this:

Using <g> is not possible since the result would not be XML.

Regards,

Fredrik Estreen

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Arle Lommel
Sent: den 26 oktober 2011 22:53
To: Andrzej Zydron
Cc: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

I wasn't arguing to use <itag>, but rather to look at it for anything useful that might help.

-Arle

On Oct 26, 2011, at 12:33 , Andrzej Zydron wrote:

Hi Arle,

Of Rodolfo's
stunning brilliance I have no doubt, but on reflection my personal choice would not be to invent yet another element when we already have <g> and <x/>. Everyone involved with XLIFF knows what these are and what they mean and they have the added benefit of being backwards compatible with all versions of XLIFF and even OpenTag.

Best Regards,

Andrzej Zydroń