Subject: Re: [xliff] To extend or not to extend. Was: [xliff] Definition of "core" and "modules"

I think we're all in agreement then. Your mention of using <ph> is what I had in mind by saying that this made-up format would be treated just like IDML, Word, etc.

I could see cases where other stuff could be added in <source> that wouldn't create a problem, but this is clear example of where it would definitely cause a problem. I think your principles (and a discussion I just had with Rodolfo) address this issue to my satisfaction (meaning I am now clear on the principle, not that anyone had to change anything).

-Arle