Subject: Syntext and indentations

Hi everyone,

I'm using the open-source Syntext editor to edit the 2.0 draft files and I'm running into a problem: Syntext seems to be automatically trying to do some "pretty printing" when it saves the files. For example a section that is originally like this:

(no line breaks)

Ends up like this:

 <olink targetdoc="../elements/inline/ph.xml" targetptr="ph">
    <code>&lt;ph&gt;</code>
 </olink>
</para>

(extra line breaks and indentation)

This is a problem because it adds at least one space between <olink> and <code> and result in weirdly spaced links in the PDF/HTML output.

Does anyone knows how to turn off this auto-indentation feature in Syntext? I haven't find the option, and I can't believe there is no way to not do this.

Obviously I'm guessing Rodolfo could come up with a clever extra XSLT step to remove the extra white spaces between <olink> and <code> when doing the merge, but it would be better to avoid the problem altogether.