Subject: RE: [xliff] Syntext and indentations

Hi Rodolfo,

Sounds good. Thanks for the solution.

But I'll still (for my own curiosity) experiment. If the XSLT solution is not viable because of the OASIS stylesheet limitation, there's nothing to stop me from adding a doctype subset (ah, one of the reasons I love XML, it has universal rules).

Just for fun, I'll report my results.

- Bryan
From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Rodolfo M. Raya [rmraya@maxprograms.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 7:14 AM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Bryan,

Yves cannot change the XSL stylesheets, they are provided by OASIS.

I suggested Yves to try XXE, a free XML editor that supports DocBook, and he
agreed. If it doesn't help, I'll  modify the pre-processor tool that
generates unified specification.

Rodolfo M. Raya       rmraya@maxprograms.com
Maxprograms       http://www.maxprograms.com

Behalf
> Of Schnabel, Bryan S
> Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 1:08 PM
> To: Yves Savourel; 'XLIFF TC'
> Subject: RE: [xliff] Syntext and indentations
>
> Hi Yves,
>
> As you probably know, space is irrelevant in XML. But the prescribed way
> make it relevant is with xml:space (http://www.w3.org/TR/xml11/#sec-
> white-space). I'm not sure if Syntext honors xml:space, but in the distant
> past I've had success with other XML editors by adding a doctype subset
and
> added xml:space (preserve) attributes. Also, if there's a default XSLT
> stylesheet Sytnext uses, you can set the <xsl:preserve-space
> elements="olink"> element.
>
> I'll try to goof with this a bit and see if I can get it to work in
Sytext.

> - Bryan

I'm