Subject: Joining the TC

Hi everyone,

I'm writing to introduce myself as a new member of the XLIFF TC.  You may know that I participated in the recent XLIFF Symposium and gave a talk called "XLIFF 2.0: Great (Processing) Expectations".  (Peter Reynolds posted the slides: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201110/msg00020.html)  I've received a lot of encouragement to get more involved, so here I am!

A bit of background on me:  I am primarily an implementer, and my perspective comes from writing a couple pieces of code that deal with XLIFF.  I'm most interested in how to make XLIFF interoperate effectively, and I believe this will require a close examination of what each part of an XLIFF document means and what should or can be done with it.

I've worked at Spartan Consulting for the last two-plus years, during which I've done projects for TAUS Data Association and Welocalize.  Long before, I was around at the early days of Idiom.  However, I'm not an expert at localization processes, so I will be learning about that.

I'm honored and excited to be working on the future of XLIFF and localization standards.  I think there's a lot to be done, but I'm ready to roll up my sleeves!

Andrew

--
Andrew Pimlott
Chief Technology Office