Subject: RE: [xliff] Joining the TC

Hi Andrew,

Welcome! You join us at a great time. The goals you mentioned are exactly inline with what the TC is doing right now. And the fact that you are "ready to roll up your sleeves" is music to my ears.

Welcome!

- Bryan
From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Pimlott [andrew@spartanconsultinginc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 7:51 PM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xliff] Joining the TC

Hi everyone,

I'm writing to introduce myself as a new member of the XLIFF TC.  You may know that I participated in the recent XLIFF Symposium and gave a talk called "XLIFF 2.0: Great (Processing) Expectations".  (Peter Reynolds posted the slides: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201110/msg00020.html)  I've received a lot of encouragement to get more involved, so here I am!

A bit of background on me:  I am primarily an implementer, and my perspective comes from writing a couple pieces of code that deal with XLIFF.  I'm most interested in how to make XLIFF interoperate effectively, and I believe this will require a close examination of what each part of an XLIFF document means and what should or can be done with it.

I've worked at Spartan Consulting for the last two-plus years, during which I've done projects for TAUS Data Association and Welocalize.  Long before, I was around at the early days of Idiom.  However, I'm not an expert at localization processes, so I will be learning about that.

I'm honored and excited to be working on the future of XLIFF and localization standards.  I think there's a lot to be done, but I'm ready to roll up my sleeves!

Andrew

--
Andrew Pimlott
Chief Technology Office