Subject: RE: [xliff] Glossaries in XLIFF 2.0

Hi everyone,

Just to make sure the item #21 “Term proposals” in the wiki is clear:

The tentative item is about a way to markup the source content for terms and store their corresponding translations. A bit like the <match> does for segment matches.

Marking up the terms would be likely something done with the inline annotation element (currently <mrk>) and I had not really thought about how to store the translation yet.

Potentially the mechanism could allow in-place storage or point to somewhere in the XLIFF document, or even possibly point outside.

In other words: item #21 is certainly related to having a glossary stored inside XLIFF, but it could potentially work without it as well.

Since the item has not been really worked on yet, there is little about what it would look like. Sorry if it misled anyone.

All this doesn’t change the merit or demerit to have a glossary in XLIFF and the actual format of that glossary. I think it is a related, but separate topic.