Subject: RE: [xliff] Uniqueness of language pair

> Even Wordbee suggested the construct only for
> the purpose of bulk project exchange and
> would not consider it seriously for translating.

I think multilingual translation packages can be handled at the package level. There are efforts with Linport and Interoperability Now to get some standardized package format done. Those could be easily made of several sets of bilingual XLIFF.

The drawback: source is duplicated in different places: that make sense to me as the package will get eventually split into smaller parts for bilingual work anyway.

In other words: XLIFF should provide a relatively small granularity: bilingual files are what translators are using. Then, if needed, XLIFF documents can be combined for larger purposes.