Subject: Attributes for translation candidates

Hi all,

You can see the potential representation for 'Translation proposals' here:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/Feature/Translation%20Proposals

One things that we have not discussed yet are the attributes.

To get things started, here is a summary of the possibilities currently in the wiki:

--- score - optional(?) - Specifies how similar the source content of the candidate is to the span of the source content it applies. The values is an integer between 0 to 100.

The value 100 indicates that the source candidate is exactly the same as the source content it applies. We'll have to define what 'exactly the same' means (white spaces, inline codes, are <mrk> counted or not, etc.)

The score is obviously a value that is fully meaningful within a set of candidates coming from the same system. But it can provide some helpful indication even out of context.

--- quality - optional - Provides a measure how good or bad is the translation. The value is an integer between 0 and 100.

Like the score, this value is fully meaningful within a set of candidate coming from the same system. But it can provide some helpful indication even out of context.

--- origin - optional - Provides a human readable label indicating from where the candidate comes from.

--- type - optional - Provides further information on the kind of match the candidate represents. For example: in-context-exact, generated by MT, result of an alignment, created by assembly, etc. We'll have to come up with a list of pre-defined values, and possibly allows for custom ones.

Example:

<match score='100' quality='95' type='mt' origin='Microsoft Translator'>
 <source>Once upon a time...</source>
 <target>Il était une fois...</target>
</match>

Any other attributes needed? Any input/feedback/etc. on the ones described?

I suppose we could have a set of 'properties' associated with each <match>: creation date, author, project, etc. But I'm not sure that can/should be part of the construct or something tools would customize.