Subject: Re: [xliff] HTML attributes for at-a-glance feature

Hi Arle, I think we should consider the relationship with the disp attribute for inlines.
Bryan was hinting - when asking for approval in the TC - that the html preview would be an optional module.
I would more or less leave aside for now what is module and what core.
Still I would see for this feature a distinction between basic functionality (that could reside in core if the inline elements are in core, including the disp attribute) and advanced functionality that might turn out to be too complex to develop to at all bother to have it.

The tricky bit would be if the list entries and/or table rows need reordering according to locale specific ordering rules. But again this can be pushed into the advanced stuff if it cannot be easily treated at trans-unit level..

What I suspect might get too tricky would be reordering of table columns for bidi displays.

The advanced thing would span multiple trans units and ignorables, and the final solution would ultimately depend on what will be the overall handling of skeletons in the new spec (again there might be basic and advanced handling of skeletons, and skeletons might not be in core at all)

There was e.g. a good discussion on the role of ignorables in representing a locally embedded skeleton.

Rgds