Subject: RE: [xliff] New survey design (open for discussion)

Hi Lucía,

My tools can read <bin-unit>, <bin-source> and <bin-target> elements present in an XLIFF file and can write them back to disk unaltered. Nevertheless, my tools cannot be used for translating <bin-source> placing the translation in the corresponding <bin-target>.

The questionaire asks:

Please select from the following XLIFF elements the ones that your tool can process (read and write):
How should I answer about <bin-unit> and derivatives if my software can read and write but not process the data as an end user would expect?
IMHO, read and write support is not enough and the survey should be more specific regarding processing expectation.

Rodolfo M. Raya <RMRAYA@MAXPROGRAMS.COM>
Maxprograms http://www.maxprograms.com

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [xliff] New survey design (open for discussion)
From: "Lucia.Morado" <Lucia.Morado@ul.ie>
Date: Tue, March 06, 2012 5:06 pm
To: <xliff@lists.oasis-open.org>

Dear TC members,

As discussed in today´s meeting. I send you attached the document which contains the new survey design to gather information of the state of the art of XLIFF support in CAT tools.
Taking into account your comments on the previous survey;  we have tried to improve and clarify some points that led to confusion and misinterpretation.
In the attached document you could see the new survey with the changes in red and also the original survey at the end.
All comments are appreciated.
This discussion will be closed in 7 days (Tuesday, 13 of March, noon PST) and it will be then immediately sent for approval to the Promotion and Liaison subcommittee.

Regards,

Lucía
--
Lucía Morado Vázquez