Subject: RE: [xliff] problem with XLIFF 1.2 schemas: obsolete URL in our xml.xsd import (FW: xliffroundtriptool)

Hi Rodolfo,

Thanks. Very good points. Regarding our obsolete include in the 1.2 schemas, not worthy of errata, in your opinion?

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Rodolfo M. Raya
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:48 AM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Bryan,

Jeroen should be using catalogs to resolve the location of the schema. His tools will not work without an Internet connection or if W3C moves the schema to a different location.

We are including an XML catalog in OASIS format with XLIFF 2.0 for connecting core schema with modules. Using catalogs with XLIFF 2.0 would continue being optional for tool vendors but would be more convenient than before.

Rodolfo M. Raya       rmraya@maxprograms.com
Maxprograms
http://www.maxprograms.com