Subject: RE: [xliff] Minimum set of container elements for XLIFF 2.0

Hi Yves,

Grouping <unit> elements does not require a parent element; this can be done using an attribute.

In simple terms, all <unit> elements at a given level in the source document would have the same value in an attribute that we could name "set" or "group". The value of the attribute can relate them as needed. Applications not needing to support grouping could safely ignore the attribute.

If we add an element like the old <group>, we will have <unit> elements at different nesting levels. That's extra complexity that we may not like or need if we are trying to simplify.

Rodolfo M. Raya       rmraya@maxprograms.com
Maxprograms       http://www.maxprograms.com