Subject: RE: [xliff] Extensibility methods

Hi David,

I agree: Using offsets would have probably too many drawbacks.

I was mentioning that notation because it does have some advantages and I wanted to list all the different options.

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of David Walters
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 11:37 AM
To: Yves Savourel
Cc: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Thanks for the clarification.

<unit id=”a1”>
<segment>
 <m:metaHolder>
  <m:meta type="variable" inlineRef="1">user variable info</m:meta>
  <m:meta type="variable" inlineRef="2">date1 variable info</m:meta>
  <m:meta type="variable" inlineRef="3">date2 variable info</m:meta>
 </m:metaHolder>
</segment>

David

Corporate Globalization Tool Development
EMail:  waltersd@us.ibm.com
Phone: (507) 253-7278,   T/L:553-7278,   Fax: (507) 253-1721

CHKPII:                    http://w3-03.ibm.com/globalization/page/2011
TM file formats:     http://w3-03.ibm.com/globalization/page/2083
TM markups:         http://w3-03.ibm.com/globalization/page/2071

Inactive hide details for Yves Savourel ---05/04/2012 03:07:04 PM---Hi David, > Yves, how could <metaHolder> be used to define Yves Savourel ---05/04/2012 03:07:04 PM---Hi David, > Yves, how could <metaHolder> be used to define unique