Subject: RE: [xliff] Metadata extensibility with metaHolder

Hi Rodolfo,

Indeed, I mistakenly inverted <segment> and <source>.
It should be the other way around.

<unit id='1'>
 <segment>
  <source>Some text</source>
  <metaHolder>
  </metaHolder>
 </segment>
</unit>

And I agree: we should have extensions in <source> (whether metaHolder or custom namespace.

Thanks for the correction.

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Rodolfo M. Raya
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:14 AM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Yves,

The examples included in your message don't follow the structure we have so far:

<unit>
  <segment>
    <source> text </source>
  </segment>
</unit>

In my opinion, it is a very bad idea to place custom extensions of any kind inside <source>.

Rodolfo M. Raya       rmraya@maxprograms.com
Maxprograms       http://www.maxprograms.com