OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [xliff] "XLIFF TC Conference Call" - Summary - Aug-21 (corrected)

Correction: Asanka added to the regrets list.

-----Original Message-----
From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Yves Savourel
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 9:58 AM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xliff] "XLIFF TC Conference Call" - Summary - Aug-21

XLIFF TC Conference Call - Summary
Date: Tuesday, 21 August 2012, 11:00am to 12:00pm EDT

=== 1/ Roll call

Present: Bryan, Yves, DavidF, Rodolfo, Ingo, Fredrik, Victor, Lucía, Helena, Tom, Jungwoo, Shirley, DavidW
Regrets: Christian, Klemens, Asanka.

Quorum achieved.

=== 2/ Approve Tuesday, 07 August 2012 meeting minutes:

Bryan moves to approve the minutes.
Rodolfo seconds
No objections.

=== 3/ XLIFF 2.0 (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking )

--- 1. Features proposed/discussed on the mailing list

Rodolfo and Bryan assessed the work still to be done last week.
Possibly if all current proposed feature move forward we would have enough for an official draft.
Maybe even by the XLIFF symposium

Rodolfo go through the list of features
To review the status

Shirley: will work on my features.

Helena: put me as secondary owner for Resource Inheritance.
BTW some new development in i18n and JavaScript and JDK. Maybe we can refer to that.

Yves: need to work on preserve space.
Rodolfo: we have a conflict in draft.
Yves: we can discuss this and resolve it.

DavidF: language update.
Should be marked as done.
Helena will take ownership of this feature 

C14 no proposal for this.
DavidF: maybe Oracle could take this feature?
Victor: will need to look into it first
DavidF: similar to what you do with XLIFF.
Victor: not sure. We're not familiar enough yet to take ownership of it.
Jungwoo: agrees with Victor
Rodolfo: need to get feedback from Christian
Bryan: will follow up with Christian when he's back

Mime-type: need to check with Christian

Rodolfo: we decided to not use URL, so we should probably discard it.
Fredrik: agree, any use case I see is covered with extensibility

simpleNote: Yves agrees that it's basically done for now.
May revisite it later.

Plural: assigned to Steven.
Helena: will look at this. Google is pushing for this.
Helena to be made co-owner.

Group: Yves to make a proposal.
Fredrik: several levels is better with elements.

Rodolfo: propose to move A9, Y20, Y27 to accepted features.
Bryan: should we also to vote to have a section 0 for 'done' feature
DavidF: not sure if it's useful
Bryan: ok, withdraw that proposal

Ballot: Helena moves to move A9 to section 1.
Rodlofo seconds
No objection. Passes.

Ballot: Yves moves to move Y20 to section 1.
Rodolfo seconds
No objections. Passes.

Ballot: Yves moves to move Y27 to section 1.
Rodolfo seconds
No objections. Passes.

Yves to look at list a mark as done any done item.

a. Overloaded http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201202/msg00009.html?    

b. Attributes for translation candidates http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201202/msg00082.html?    

c. Generic mechanism for translation candidate elements and other annotations http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201203/msg00009.html   ?    

d. Minor comments on the specifications http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201204/msg00023.html

e. BiDi draft https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201206/msg00001.html
Bryan: anything you need Fredrik.
Fredrik: no feedback since a while.
I can the action to add it by end of this week.

For length restrictions:
DavidF: this is an important one.
Fredrik: yes. will add this too.

f. Processing requirements for extensions https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201207/msg00030.html

--- 2. XLIFF 2.0 Technical issues (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking#TechnicalIssuesforXLIFF2.0 )

a. translate and xml:space http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201204/msg00045.html?    

b. Question about joining/splitting segments http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201204/msg00051.html

c. Uppercasing conformance keywords https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201206/msg00001.html

d. “original” attribute https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201207/msg00010.html

e. Namespace declaration https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201207/msg00012.html

f. Can a metadata element have two or more meta elements that have the same value for the 'type' attribute? https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201207/msg00014.html

--- 3. Conformance criteria

--- 4. Charter: Need to bring up to date to reflect XLIFF 2.0 Here’s the current charter http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xliff/charter.php

Bryan: charter is out-of-date. We need to revise it.
DavidF: volunteer to propose an updated version for the charter, in accordance with the new procedures.
Bryan: all please have a look at the current charter and comment as needed.
Some of the issue are in last's call minutes.
Should be able to make the modification relatively quickly.
Rodolfo: changes should be small: version, deliverables. But wording should be close to what we have now.
This will avoid many review cycles.
DavidF: idea is that the new process is simpler.
Rodolfo: yes. and minor changes only are less painful.
Bryan: maybe some wording about interaction with community, etc.

=== 4/ Sub Committee Reports

--- 1. Inline text (Yves)

Nothing new to report. Currently updating the draft with changes from F2F meeting.

--- 2. XLIFF Promotion and Liaison SC Charter (David)

DavidF: shares news for the LocWorld meetings.
Registration is open.
You can register just for the symposium if you want.
Microsoft is helping on the financial side.
David shows the current proposals.

=== 5/ Current XLIFF business

F2F TC: at least Peter, Kevin, Bryan, Yves should be there.
Fredrik is trying to get the green light.

=== 6/ New Business



To unsubscribe, e-mail: xliff-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org
For additional commands, e-mail: xliff-help@lists.oasis-open.org

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]