Subject: Proposal for a <group> element

Hi all,

I had an action item to make a proposal for the "Grouping" feature we moved to 'accepted feature' last call.

See the requirements/solutions here:
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/Feature/Grouping

And here is the proposal:

I propose to add a <group> element with the following definition:

group

Grouping element.

Contains:

- One or more <unit> or <group> elements in any order followed by
- Zero or one <mda:metadata> elements followed by
- Zero or more elements from any namespace.

Attributes:

- id (optional) NMTOKEN, the value unique within the enclosing <file> element.
- srcDir (optional) same values/semantics as for srcDir in <unit>
- trgDir  (optional) same value/semantics as for trgDir in <unit>

== In the <file> definition, we would change:

- One or more <unit> elements

- One or more <unit> or <group> elements in any order

== We would update the definitions of id, srcDir, trgDir and take <group> into account.