Subject: Specification document and modules

Hi everyone,

While looking at our current draft I was wondering if we are not painting ourselves into a corner in the way we define our modules.

For example I see cases where some attributes mix the definitions for their usage in the core and their usage in a module (like 'type').

Isn't this going to be a problem if we need to update a module (or create a new one) and have to modify the core specification after it's approved?

It seems it would be safer to define the modules separately. They could refer to the core, but the core wouldn't refer to any module.

We could have a non-normative document that lists all the components of XLIFF: providing links to the specification and schema of the core and of each module.

Any thought?