Subject: RE: [xliff] Locked vs translate

For what's worth, to me, it reads more as "hold" the translation for this unit until later than "must not at this time". In a sense, the program would interpret it as "yes", "skip", and "no".

From:        "Rodolfo M. Raya" <rmraya@maxprograms.com>
To:        "XLIFF TC" <xliff@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:        10/03/2012 12:24 PM
Sent by:        <xliff@lists.oasis-open.org>

So, for a computer that doesn't understand semantics expressed in English, "locked" and "no" are exactly the same. That's redundant.
There must be a practical difference between "locked" and "no". Two values with the same meaning (must not translate) are a bad idea.

Rodolfo M. Raya
Maxprograms
http://www.maxprograms.com