Subject: RE: [xliff] Best way to mark up an image in XLIFF 2.0?

Thanks Yves. I'm looking forward to your continuation. The fact that (1) is not possible is not obvious to me. I'm probably being tone-deaf. When you formulate the more later part, could you explain why (1) is not possible? If it is because in general we are moving away from 'x-', and adding it to <data> is therefore not possible, then we should fix the example in the xliff-core.pdf spec for 2.6.3.1.4:

<mrk id="m1" type="x-myCorp-isbn" value="978-0-14-44919-8">The Epic of Gilgamesh</mrk>

But I suspect that's not your reason.

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Yves Savourel
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:37 AM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

I'll answer more completely later, but I just wanted to say that this:

(1) <data id="222" x-el_name="img" x-att_name="src">big-happy-smile.jpg</data>

Is obviously (at least from my viewpoint) not possible.
A solution with user-define element or attributes would use a namespace as you noted.

More later