Subject: RE: [xliff] Type values for the match element (Y22)

I believe we need a TermBase match still. I can retrieve a whole segment (logos, titles, etc) directly from a TermBase and that would not fit in any of the categories listed.

Shirley

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Schurig, Joachim
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 9:40 AM
To: Helena S Chapman; Yves Savourel
Cc: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

As you know, there is a difference between a 100% match and a 100% match which comes from a part of a document with the same surrounding context. The latter is typically no more checked by translators, because it is assumed to be the correct translation. A 100% match can however be completely inappropriate in a certain context. So it will sometimes be paid to be checked for correctness by translators. I therefore highly support the context match value.

I am actually the one who coined the term and implemented context matches first in 2001, and because of the absence of a proper attribute I simply made them 101% matches, which still makes people with mathematical sensibility shiver. So, better we have a value which expresses this property :-)

Best regards,

Joachim