Subject: RE: [xliff] Namespace in modules

Hi Yves,

Adding attributes from ITS namespace is one thing and adding ITS native markup is quite different. I don't like the idea of elements defined outside the TC being treated as a module.

We cannot accept a module defined on a vague version of a standard. If you want to introduce a schema defined outside XLIFF, you must at least settle on a given version.

Converting a custom extension into a module does not require rewriting the XLIFF specification or changing the XLIFF version number. A module can be officially published as a Committee Note. Preparing a Committee Note should not take a long time, it would only depend on the writing speed of the person proposing the module.

Rodolfo M. Raya       rmraya@maxprograms.com
Maxprograms       http://www.maxprograms.com