Subject: RE: [xliff] Namespace in modules

Hi David,

No problem with your text on IPR.
So the latest updated text would be:

==========

A module is an optional set of XML elements and attributes that stores information about a process applied to an XLIFF document and the data incorporated into the document as result of that process.

Each module is defined in a section of the XLIFF specification. The schemas of the XLIFF core or modules indicate where the elements and attributes of each module can be used. Modules can generally be placed in locations that are not extension points, with some restrictions, for example module elements are not allowed inside <source> or <target> elements.

Each version of XLIFF has a fix set of modules. Adding or removing one or more modules from the latest version of XLIFF requires to increment the version of XLIFF.

A module MUST use namespaces of only final specifications from OASIS (including the ones produced by the XLIFF TC) or from other established standardization bodies such as the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), the International Standards Organization, or the Unicode Consortium. Private custom namespaces MUST NOT be used in modules.

The IPR mode and license of a proposed module MUST be compatible with the OASIS XLIFF TC IPR mode (RF on RAND terms) and conform to relevant OASIS license requirements and policies.

Like you I currently don't see how we could update the XLIFF schema to add/remove modules without changing the version. Using a note as Rodolfo seem not possible.

But incrementing the version and republishing seems to be quite a complicated process too.
I wonder if anyone else has ideas about that.