Subject: Re: [xliff] Data associated with <segment>

Fredrik, Yves, I like the agreement that you reached.
Now could we make <mrk> and <sm> extensible (again) as I keep proposing?

Implementers should be advised to put on segment only such metadata that becomes irrelevant on re-segmentation and then the re-segmentation PRs can become real simple.

If we are talking about inheriting say an ID from the left hand or right hand side segment on merge, shouldn't this dependent on the directionality of the parent unit?

Cheers