Subject: Changes in feature wiki structure? was: Re: [xliff] Y21 - Term proposals

Yves, Bryan,
I do not think features should be ever commented out. Keeping publicly parse-able history is important for our transparency.
In my view, we have this feature, the feature just got dissolved among other features, Annotations, ITS mapping, and glossary mechanism.
I would propose to move it to Section 3 with the explanation that it is not needed as standalone, because it got covered by annotations, ITS support and glossary. BTW, all of these need more work to work at and to support the term proposals. I tend to think of managing term proposals as a use case for the above features. If this view ever changes, Yves or a new owner will be always able to reintroduce a 2.x approved feature ballot.

BTW, as we are now close to 2.0 I think of face lifting the process including the wiki sections, so that we can discern between really rejected features and features just parked for a 2.x version. I think that this is a meaningful difference that would help us parsing.

If this was realized as splitting of section 3 into two subsections, we would not need even to change the process, because the procedure for moving something back for 2.x would remain the same. I personally do not care for the label, it is not a prison as there is no prison term, we can call it Parking Lot as well :-) but it does not change the semantics given by our understanding and usage.

Cheers